Sometimes, we may also provide you with additional information or terms which apply to you (for example we may provide you with a ‘collection statement’ or a separate agreement which contains privacy terms and conditions).
We refer to your personal information as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Information we collect and hold
The type of personal information that we collect about you will vary depending on the circumstances of collection and the nature of the specific transaction or dealing, but may include:
- Your personal details, such as your first name, last name, gender, status (i.e. Mr / Mrs / Miss etc.) and date of birth
- Your contact information, such as your home address, office address, email, telephone numbers and other contact details
- Identification information, such as your driver’s licence
- Payment details, such as credit card details
- Information about your employer or an organisation who you represent
- Your professional details
- Details of any complaints or concerns raised by you
- Opinions that you have communicated to us, particularly where that information may help us to improve the services and better understand your preferences
- Any additional personal information you provide to us, or authorise us to collect, as part of your interaction with us
Prospective employees / applicants
We collect personal information when recruiting personnel, such as your name, contact details, qualifications and work history. Generally, we will collect this information directly from you.
We may also collect personal information from third parties in ways which you would expect (for example, from recruitment agencies or referees you have nominated). Before offering you a position, we may collect additional details such as your tax file number and superannuation information and other information necessary to conduct background checks to determine your suitability for certain positions.
We may also collect relevant information from third party sources such as LinkedIn and other professional websites.
In very rare circumstances, we also collect sensitive information about you when you provide this sensitive information to us on a voluntary basis and wish for us to collect and record this information in the course of working for Metamode. This may include your health information or other sensitive information you provide to us as part of diversity, inclusion and health programs, services and other initiatives we offer to our workforce.
Visitors to our websites
The way in which we handle the personal information of visitors to our websites is discussed below.
How and why we collect and use your Personal Information
Metamode collects personal information reasonably necessary to carry out our business, to assess and manage our customers’ needs, and to provide our services. We may also collect information to fulfil administrative functions associated with these services, for example billing, entering into contracts with you and/or third parties and managing client relationships.
The purposes for which Metamode usually collects and uses personal information depend on the nature of your interaction with us, but may include to:
- Verify your identity and for us to contact you
- Assess requests for the provision of the services
- Provide you with assistance relating to the provision of the services and answer any questions you may have
- Administer and manage the services, including for sales, charging, billing and collecting debts
- Analyse your use of the services so that we may improve the services and our understanding of how you use them and your telecommunications needs
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and security purposes; respond to enquiries and complaints
- Respond to enquiries and complaints
- Inform you of our activities, events, facilities and services
- Carry out recruitment processes (including for volunteers, internships and work experience).
- Our affiliated and related companies
- Third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business
Metamode generally collects personal information directly from you. We may collect and update your personal information over the phone, by email, over the internet or social media, or in person. We may also collect personal information about you from other sources
Metamode also collects and uses personal information for market research purposes and to innovate our delivery of products and services.
Do we use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing?
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of informing you about our services, upcoming promotions and events, or other opportunities that may interest you. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing material from us, we may still contact you in relation to our ongoing relationship with you.
How do we interact with you via the internet?
You can use the settings in your browser to control how your browser deals with cookies. However, in doing so, you may be unable to access certain pages or content on our website.
Metamodes’ websites may contain links to third-party websites. Metamode is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are linked to our website
Can you deal with us anonymously?
We will provide individuals with the opportunity of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making a general enquiry). Generally, it is not practicable for us to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis. If we do not collect personal information about you, you may be unable to utilise our services or participate in our events, programs or activities we manage or deliver.
How we store your information
The security of your information is important to us. We take all reasonable steps to securely store your personal information so it is protected from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. We may store your information in electronic format or hard copy in storage facilities that we own.
Who we provide your personal information to
We may disclose your information to:
- Third parties who provide services to us, including organisations and contractors that assist us with the purposes for which we use your information
- Your authorised representatives or when you ask us to do so
We may also disclose your personal information as required to comply with applicable laws or regulatory requirements, or as otherwise permitted by law.
How to access your personal information
Individuals may request access to their personal information. Individuals may also request the correction of any personal information which is inaccurate.Any requests for access or correction of your personal information should be made in writing to our Privacy Officer
We will in most cases provide an individual with access to their personal information to the extent permitted by law. There are some exceptions where this access may be denied (for example, where providing access may have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals or would be unlawful).
To request access to and seek the correction of personal information held by us, please email, call or write to us using the contact information listed below in the “How to contact us” section.
How to complain about a breach of your privacy and how we will handle your complaint
In most cases, we will investigate and respond to a complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex or our investigation may take longer, we will let you know.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or you consider that Metamode may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy Act, a complaint may be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner can be contacted by telephone on 1300 363 992 or by using the contact details on the website www.oaic.gov.au.
How to contact us
If you wish to access any of your personal information, please contact us on:
Privacy Officer – Metamode Pty Ltd
(07) 3521 8006